Photo: Kerry Fletcher
Stocai are (left to right):-
- Adam Bushell - percussion
- Heather Horsley - keyboards / flute / whistle
- Chris Walshaw - pipes / flute / whistle
- Sheena Masson - concertina / bassoon / flute
- Kevin Adams - fiddle / mandolin / mandola
- Dave Jolly - melodeon / concertina
eclectic English ceilidh music
A strong theme running through Stocai's music is the amount of newly written
material. As well as borrowing tunes from well known musicians such as Cliff
Stapleton and John Kirkpatrick, all of the band write tunes and so the problem
has been what to leave out. Apart from that, the band's influences are eclectic
and diverse; you will hear also French, Irish, Quebecois, Scandinavian and
good old English tunes, all moulded into a style of Stocai's own.
... direct to your feet
Such is the range of instruments at the band's fingertips that the sound
can vary from delicate woodwind tracery through to the full broadside (the
acoustic equivalent of Spinal Tap's 'eleven').
And the name? It is taken from the tune title 'Polka Sean Stocai'
from The Late Night Band, so best ask them!
Maintained by Chris Walshaw